1. What personal data does Mentech A/S collect – for what purpose and how?
As a general rule, you can access the website without telling us who you are or otherwise providing personal information about yourself.
However, Mentech A/S needs certain personal data in order to do business with you or provide a specific service. In such cases, we only collect and process the personal data necessary to provide the specific service to you, including your full name, address, phone number, email address, and all electronic communication between you and us.
Your personal data will be collected in the following cases:
- When creating an account/case on www.mentech.io
- When purchasing or submitting a repair at one of our service centers
- When requested by one of our partners (insurance companies, municipalities, companies, etc.)
- In any electronic communication, including email, SMS, phone calls, various social media, or similar.
You will be notified by email of any registration. Please note that this email may end up in a spam filter.
You have the opportunity to access and update this information via our service portal (www.mentech.io). However, changes to personal data will be logged for up to 16 months for the purpose of preventing abuse or possible fraud against Mentech A/S.
No special personal data is recorded.
2. Who does Mentech A/S disclose personal data to?
Mentech A/S exchanges personal data with our trusted partners and suppliers in some cases. The exchange of data is necessary, among other things, for warranty on your product and to fulfill sales and delivery obligations.
Your name, address, telephone number, and email address may therefore be exchanged with the following partners:
- Huawei (for service on a Huawei product) – Read Huawei repair information here
- Apple (for service on an Apple product) – Read Apple repair information here
- Samsung (for service on a Samsung product) – Read Samsung repair information here
- Motorola (for service on a Motorola product)
- Acer (for service on an Acer product)
- PostNord (for shipment of your product)
Mentech A/S stores personal data on encrypted and secure servers within the EU. All of our servers are protected by firewalls, and transmission of personal data is encrypted.
Some of the personal data is managed by a third party (data processor), which stores and processes personal data on behalf of Mentech A/S in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. Mentech A/S has entered into data processing agreements with these third parties to ensure that they comply with legislation and the relevant requirements, as well as to protect both us and you.
We only store personal data for as long as necessary for the stated purpose.
When paying by credit card, card information is encrypted and sent to our payment provider (ePay/Bambora). Mentech A/S therefore never has access to your card information.
4. Disposal of products in connection with service
- When exchanging a product, the old defective product will be returned to the manufacturer, who will ensure the correct destruction of any data on the device.
- In case of a total loss of the product, it will be stored in locked premises for a certain period of time, after which, unless otherwise agreed with your insurance company, it will be sent for proper destruction. Mentech A/S has entered into an agreement with Marius Pedersen, who is responsible for the destruction of the devices. Marius Pedersen ensures that the marking/destruction is carried out in accordance with the standards DIN 66399 and DS/EN 15713.
5. Rights and objections
According to the GDPR, you always have the right to object to the registration of your personal data, and you have the right to access the information that has been registered about you. Requests related to this should be addressed to Mentech A/S via email: [email protected] or by phone at 70 222 999. Mentech A/S will respond to your request within 1 month of receiving it.
Mentech A/S may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, affect the protection of others’ personal information, affect trade secrets, or in situations where the desired action is considered highly complex, including disproportionate technical intervention (such as developing a new system or changing an existing practice significantly), or requests for information that exist only as backups.
If your request does not result in a resolution, a possible complaint can be directed to the Danish Data Protection Agency. You can find the current contact address on the Danish Data Protection Agency’s website: www.datatilsynet.dk.
6. Contact Mentech
Phone: 70 222 999
E-mail: [email protected]
Necessary cookies help make the website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable the website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, such as your preferred language or the region you are in.
Statistical cookies help us understand how our visitors interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.